The undersigned branches call on other branches to support the following statement and send delegate(s) to a campaign meeting in Manchester on the 17th of January:
The decision by the emergency NEC in late December 2014 to suspend NEC and group elections was wrong.
- We will work together in a campaign to seek to get that decision overturned and for NEC and group elections to be held at the usual time. If that does not happen then they must be held as soon as possible.
- We will agree motions or a motion for the ADC that will achieve elections as soon as possible after the conference.
- We will seek to get as many branches as possible to agree this statement.
- We will use social media (be it a blog, Facebook page etc.) to gather support for our campaign in the union and in the wider labour movement
- We accept and respect that each branch will have differing views on who to support in elections. The sole purpose of this campaign is for NEC and GEC elections to be held at the usual time or if that does not happen then they must be held as soon as possible.
R&C Bootle St Johns House Branch
DWP East London Branch
DfT London and South East Branch
DWP Preston Central Office Branch
DWP South London Branch
CLG National Branch
DWP Wigan Area Branch
PSg Electoral Commission Branch
DWP Cheshire Branch
DWP North Merseyside Branch
DWP Manchester & Salford Branch
R&C North Wales & North West Branch
DWP Sheffield Branch
The following individual activists support the statement currently in a personal capacity:
Gail Bradshaw, DWP West Pennine & Oldham Acting Branch Secretary (pc)
Paul Vargeson, DWP West Lancashire Branch Secretary (pc)
Andy Knowles, DWP East Lancashire Branch Secretary (pc)
Christine Hulme, DWP Berkshire Branch Secretary (pc)
Please add your branches or your individual support by filling-out a 'Support the campaign' box to the right-hand-side. Please note by doing so your name or that of your branch will then appear on this site.
There will be a campaign meeting on Saturday the 17th of January in Manchester. This will run from 13:00 at the Mechanics Institute on Princess Street. Map here.